Search Results

Like to listen to what goes on behind the scenes in film making or acting straight from an actor? Click here.

A Reunion Dinner with a secret to hide. Click here.

Have you taken all the modern comforts for granted? Behind every modern device there is the technology and with them comes the management and risks. Interested to find out what goes on below the hood? Click here.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Bucky Group 25 - Conversations with God

.

The movie is about Donald Neale Walsh journey after he got into an accident, losing his job and going downhill and dejected. Then one day he started talking to God...
.
The following are some more video clips of the movie...
.

.

.

.

.
Discussion about the movie:
I can relate to when Neale was waiting anxiously by the public phone for his job interview appointment, as it reminded me of the time when I first went to London with my backpack looking for freelance programming roles. Like Neale, I was staying in a crummy little hotel, down at the notorious Kings Cross, that charged 10 pounds sterling a night. Staying in a place with down-and-outs and welfare recipients as your neighbours, turned me street-wise very quickly.
.
So what is the difference between talking with ourselves or God, versus being schizophrenic? Is the difference in the quality of thoughts or conversations we have with ourselves? It's like choosing between the blue pill or the red pill, as in the movie, "The Matrix". Just as Dr Aaron said, one of the pills would represent Love, whilst the other would represent Fear. When we chose the former, it will open all the doors and consequences of Love, and conversely, if we chose the latter, it will open to all the doors and consequences of Fear.
.
One of my friend who calls himself an 'aethist' told me that his wife has been hearing voices and has been diagnosed as haivng mild schizophrenia. She was telling incidents that are not coherent with reality, like claiming that she heard him talking outside the window when he was clearly miles away. She then accused my friend of lying to her.
.
Personally, I have also heard voices. Just a few nights ago, I heard a clear voice, "Go to bed", late at night when I was very tired. I did, and fell instantly to sleep. Sometimes, I can hear my mother calling my name. However, I know I am not schizophrenic because what I hear are voices of love, not of fear. That, I think, is the essential difference.
.
When in times of trouble, we can ask ourselves, "What will Love do now?" Incidentally, I did. "What will Love do now?" Does doing nothing count? When helping another person, ironically, it is sometimes wiser to let a person go downhill further and not offer help, as it will not serve him? In other words, people must continue to do what they are doing until they have enough. We can only help people when they are ready. Thus, when Neale went back to the trailer park to look for his homeless friends, even if he had found them, they may not have been ready for the change.
.
Joo Hock: Our Bucky Group has a connection with 'Conversations with God' right from the begginning. Years ago, I was depressed and decided to write the note, 'ear God, Need Help! Please Help!' Then I put it under my pillow.
.
After a few days, a friend called and told me about the "Money and You" (business training) programme. Actually, I was not interested, but this friend kept insisting and told me he has already booked a place for me.
.
When the day came, I attended the programme and it absolutely blew my mind away. Incidentally, in the programme, Bucky was mentioned. I was very impressed with Bucky's teachings and even more impressed that this man actually has a spiritual belief in 'a force more powerful than men'. And this despite him being a highly scientific person.
.
The rest of it with Joo Hock and Bucky is history. :)
.
Even all the down points in our life have their purposes as they are part of the bigger picture. All our experiences are connected and everyone's journey is different. If Neale hadn't gone through those hardships, perhaps he wouldn't have got inspired or talked to God; then subsequently becoming a successful writer and coach. Bucky too was at the verge of taking his own life at Lake Michigan, but didn't, after hearing a voice that his life is not for him to take. Bucky then went on to live and contributed enormously to mankind.
.
Lastly, about the 'blue pill' or the 'red pill'... :)

.

No comments: