Search Results

Like to listen to what goes on behind the scenes in film making or acting straight from an actor? Click here.

A Reunion Dinner with a secret to hide. Click here.

Have you taken all the modern comforts for granted? Behind every modern device there is the technology and with them comes the management and risks. Interested to find out what goes on below the hood? Click here.

Monday, May 04, 2009

Passing of a friend

27th April 2009
Attended the wake of one of our Bucky Group members, Mr Sng Tong Hai. Departed peacefully on the morning of 26 April 2009 at the age of 66.
.
We sang the song "What One Man Can Do" to Tong Hai. I didn't video the singing, but here's a clip I got from Youtube. This song was composed by the late John Denver, as a tribute to Buckminster Fuller.
.
.
Here are the lyrics:
.
I suppose that there are those
Wholl say he had it easy
Had it made in fact
Before hed even begun
But they dont know the things I know
I was always with him
It may sound strange
We were more than friends
.
Its hard to tell the truth
When no one wants to listen
When no one really cares
Whats going on
And its hard to stand alone
When you need someone beside you
Your spirit and your faith
They must be strong
.
What one man can do is dream
What one man can do is love
What one man can do is change the world
And make it young again
Here you see what one man can do
.
As shaded as his eyes might be
Thats how bright his mind is
Thats how strong his love
For you and me
A friend to all the universe
Grandfather of the future
And everything I would like to be
.
What one man can do is dream
What one man can do is love
What one man can do is change the world
And make it young again
Here you see what one man can do
.
What one man can do is dream
What one man can do is love
What one man can do is change the world
And make it young again
Here you see what one man can do
.
.
Towards the end of the evening, Tong Hai's daugther and movie producer, Tania Sng,  asked if she can interview me as part of a film she intends to put together about the last part of her father's journey.
.
I know Tong Hai first in the Theosophical Society's Singapore Lodge and later at the Bucky Group. I remember I met him once in a bus and he told me he liked to continue learning and upgrading his knowledge, as he would not like to be seen as being "over-the-hill".  And that he did, joining continuous learning group like the Bucky Group and many others.
.
The other time I remember is when I met him by chance at a theatre lobby and he told me about his movie "Cages", produced by his daughter Tania.
.

Then, as I was taking a sip of water, I realised the bottle says... "Life Goes On".
.
Good bye Tong Hai.

If you are reading from Facebook, click here

No comments: