Search Results

Like to listen to what goes on behind the scenes in film making or acting straight from an actor? Click here.

A Reunion Dinner with a secret to hide. Click here.

Have you taken all the modern comforts for granted? Behind every modern device there is the technology and with them comes the management and risks. Interested to find out what goes on below the hood? Click here.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Kids Play 8

This is a conversation I have recently with an 11 year old boy called Vince. It gave me an interesting insight into how a child would view religion in their own instinctive way and also the sad reality with the current state of religions in the world.
.
Vince: I hate religion class.
Me: Why?
.
Vince: It's boring. During religion class, I would sit behind, put up my book on the table, put my head down and sleep. Once, the teacher came and asked me what I was doing and I told him I was praying.
Me: What did you say you were praying about?
.
Vince: I didn't say. He didn't ask too. He believed me. He thought I was an angel.
.
Me: But why do you say religion is boring?
Vince: They kept saying out loud that they love Jesus and so on.
.
Me: What's wrong with that?
Vince: Loving Jesus is fine, but why must they close their eyes, stretch out their arms and hands wide, and go on a trance-like state when they sing in the church?
.
Me: Do you know that when you were three years old, you would stop the car and ask to go into the cathedral? And you will get all of us to go with you.
Vince: Yes, I know, but that's because the cathedral is such a beautiful architecture.
.
Me: Ok. So do you believe in Jesus?
Vince: No. I don't believe in any religion.
.
Me: Why do you not believe in any religion? Do you know that not believing in any religion is also a religion in itself?
Vince: Yes, but at least you don't get killed.
.
Me: What do you mean?
Vince: Many people get killed because of religion. When you don't have a religion you don't get killed.

No comments: