Search Results

Like to listen to what goes on behind the scenes in film making or acting straight from an actor? Click here.

A Reunion Dinner with a secret to hide. Click here.

Have you taken all the modern comforts for granted? Behind every modern device there is the technology and with them comes the management and risks. Interested to find out what goes on below the hood? Click here.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Criticisms




I have just read a tiny free booklet I picked from a shelf in town about what real Love is. It is dense in content and speaks about how we live our daily lives and our interactions with other people.


In it, one of the phrases struck me deeply...

.

"It is possible that we see clearly how people are wrong, without seeing that without love we are not right either."



This means that even when we are criticising others, we have to do so with the love of the other persons. Otherwise, the criticisms will not have the desired results. This made me realise how often I have criticised not only without love but with absolute anger! *blush* Angry that silly things are done because of the doers' selfish benefits; office politics; corrupt government officials; risk averse bureucrats;...etc.

.

I think I am very guilty. :) How about you?

1 comment:

michael said...

I usually don't judge things as 'right' or 'wrong'. This phrase is picked up for its reminder to us that we need to love the people we are criticising, and not for its judgment of what is right or wrong.