Search Results

Like to listen to what goes on behind the scenes in film making or acting straight from an actor? Click here.

A Reunion Dinner with a secret to hide. Click here.

Have you taken all the modern comforts for granted? Behind every modern device there is the technology and with them comes the management and risks. Interested to find out what goes on below the hood? Click here.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Usury 2a - World Game



Got the ripped off chapter on "World Game" from Joo Hock and had been busy reading it in between my daily chores. It made me think of how the world could be in-tune to solve all its problems and yet not resorting to vicious competition, exclusively sanctioned (approved by political powers) cartels and wars.

.

As my thoughts travel, I ended up discussing this with my business associate Zen whilst working on the iron-ore mine investment. Zen related to me how in one of his projects, he had advocated that money be backed by 'useful' commodities, like coffee or rice. Then it dawned on me that since the world monetary system had left the gold standard in 1973, money is now no longer representative of 'life supporting wealth'. It has worsened the adverse effects of 'money making money' by the trading of financial risks.

.

Past Posts: Usury, Usury 2 - World Game, Bucky Group, Bucky Group 2

No comments: